Monday, June 22, 2015

Dammit, I Forgot the Clever Headline Again!

As I was walking around the neighborhood, I noticed a little old man lazily rocking in a chair on his porch.

I approached him, holding up a hand in greeting.

“I couldn't help noticing how happy you look, I remarked. “Do you mind if I ask you something?”

 “Go ahead,” he answered.

“What's your secret for a long happy life?” I asked, taking a seat on the porch steps to await his reply.

“Well, I smoke three packs of cigarettes a day," he started. "I also drink a case of whiskey a week, I eat fatty fried foods most every day… oh, and I never, ever exercise.”

“That's amazing,” I said. “Wait… just how old are you?”

“Twenty-six,” he replied.



"The doctor of the future will give no medicines,
but will interest his patients in the care of the
human frame, in 
diet
, and in the causes
and prevention of disease."

~
Thomas Edison




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails