Monday, December 29, 2014

Commitment is My Middle Name (Actually, it's "Franklin")

How committed am I?, you ask...

  • I am 1,000,000% committed
  • I will work 25/8/366 …that’s right, 25 hours a day, eight days a week, 366 days a year (except for Leap Year, in which I will work 367 days!)
  • I believe there is no “i” in “failure”
  • I am so committed, I make a couple’s 50th wedding anniversary look like a first date
  • I ripped the page with “quit” on it out of the dictionary (can somebody help me spell quintecential, quentisental, quentasential…grrrrrr)
  • There’s an old saying: “An ounce of performance is worth pounds of promises.” Well, I’m going to deliver 10 gallons of performance, which is worth, like, 100 pounds of promises.
  • I’m getting a tattoo that says “Desire is the key to motivation, but it's determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of your goal - a commitment to excellence - that will enable you to attain the success you seek” on my ring finger.
  • I am infinity times infinity plus infinity committed
  • If I wrote a hip-hop song, it would be called “Committed 2 My B*tches,” because 1) it needs to have a naughty word in the title in order for it to be successful and 2) it’s a love story.
  • If commitment could be represented as a color, I would be crimson-violet with a streak of teal.
  • Suicide bombers write to me all the time and ask “Damn, how can I be as committed as you, brother?”
  • Consider a breakfast served to you of ham and eggs. The chicken is involved in the breakfast. The pig is committed. I am ten times more committed than that pig.
  • When you go to www.100-percent-commitment.com, it would redirect to this blog site if I had had the foresight to buy that domain name a few years ago when it was available.
  • If you could see my face right now, you’d see that I’m gritting my teeth in an expression of absolute total commitment.
  • I will never, ever give up… and if I do ever give do give up, I promise I will shoot myself in the face with a water gun filled with honey and stick my entire head in a fire ant hole… but I won’t because I will never, ever give up…and if I do, I’ll do the fire ant thing…but I won’t because I just won’t!*

*And if I do, FIRE ANTS!

2 comments:

  1. That's commitment. Wow. Fire ants...scary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jack. The more I search around on the internet, the more I learn that my story is as unique as one leg on a millipede. Like you, I (apparently) was committed to gaining weight. Five days ago I started to turn my life around and now I am committed in the opposite direction. Marc http://marcjacobsweightloss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails