Monday, April 15, 2013

Nothing Is More Exciting Than Healthy Living!

My day started in a somewhat typical manner, until something crazy didn’t happen: a piece of bread lodged in the toaster started a grease fire which consumed the entire kitchen. So I enjoyed a warm, satisfying bowl of oatmeal and gathered my things for work.

On the drive in to my office, the most bizarre occurrence didn’t happen: a tractor-trailer jackknifed on the expressway, spilling huge barrels of flammable liquids that exploded on contact with the asphalt. I arrived at work roughly five minutes early and took the stairs instead of the elevator.

Around midday, you’re simply not going to believe what didn’t happen next: a terrorist group staged a dramatic firefight in the lobby of my office! I headed off to the gym and got in a quick-but-efficient 45-minute workout, showered and rushed back to the office to enjoy a sensible lunch at my desk.

Later in the afternoon, the strangest thing may or may not have happened: one of my co-workers jumped through the glass window of the conference room and plunged 75 stories but was apparently saved when she landed in the fountain in front of our building that, for some reason, is extraordinarily deep. And I had a handful of almonds for a snack.

Finally, just to top off another wild day in my healthy living adventure, nothing like the following even remotely came close to happening: a wild boar got loose in the backyard and started chasing the dogs around. Plus, I ate a sensible supper, went on a walk and then turned in early.

I tell you, nothing is more exciting than healthy living!

11 comments:

  1. Love this! A new adventure everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great non-adventure! Really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know what didn't happen to me today? Cotter Dam didn't crack and break while were were watching, releasing 83 Gigatonnes of water onto our heads. Amazing.

    But we did have to run for it anyway, because one of the kids needed the toilet urgently.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to see your imagination running wild ......

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, that pic of the kid is seriously cute. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha love it. Healthy living definitely keeps you on your toes my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I gotta agree, my legs are still aching from last night's Capoeira workout...and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This reminds me of a visit with my mother..I don't allow my children or didn't allow my children to watch violent movies when they were young..before the age of 12...and so there was a tv show with gun fire and people getting shot and car chase..and I sent my 7 year old to her room. My mother goes "She is going to have to learn about the real world someday." And I said "Mom, what world do you live in that you are walking down the street and a car chase ensues, complete with a shoot out and blood spattering everywhere?!" yea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you feel good, you think good! The benefits are more than just the physical. Love your story too. Entertaining read!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great to see imagination taking off - give me real world fantasy??? every time.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails