Friday, June 4, 2010

I'm Sorry, Julio Iglesias and Willie Nelson



To all the pounds I've lost before,
And won’t put back on any more.
I glad I’m not obese.
I dedicate this piece
To all the pounds I've lost before.

To all the pounds there on my thighs,
That aren’t here at my smaller size.
For helping me to shrink,
I owe a lot, I think
To all the pounds I've lost before.

The way I’ve changed is reassuring.
It won’t let me go astray.
The way I’ve changed, so reassuring,
And I’m no longer scared to weigh.

To all the pounds that ruined my life,
And filled my younger days with strife.
I'm glad that time is done.
I dedicate this one
To all the pounds I've lost before.

To all the pounds that massed on me.
Who led me to obesity.
I’m living my life more smart.
Those fat rolls did depart.
Oh, all the pounds I've lost before.

The way I’ve changed is reassuring.
I’m glad I’ve found a brand new way.
The way I’ve changed, so reassuring.
Let’s not go to the buffet.

To all the pounds we've lost before,
And all those fat pants that we once wore.
We're sad they came along.
We dedicate this song.
To all the pounds we've lost before.

To all the pounds we've loved before.
It’s really too much to ignore.
We're out of that bad fog.
We dedicate this blog.
To all the pounds we've lost before.

9 comments:

  1. Oh, I am all aquiver now.......Julio, Willie AND Jack performing together! Hahhaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sir are a rhyme master, very cool. Jack I gave you and your W.I.D.T.H. series a shout out on my blog today just in case any of my friends aren't aware of it or you. Look forward to seeing more and more, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my favorite of all the songs you've rearranged. Then again, I did 'moke a little of Willie's weed with my coffee this morning...there's that pretty golden aura all 'round...

    Love,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tears. I have tears in my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear lord, Jack. I just love you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That one is fantastic! You need to sing this one and put up a video of your performance!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL lets not go to the buffet! classic

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhh...pure genius. However, I am now just a little pissed that that tune will be in my head for the rest of forever...

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was brilliant and funny! Thanks for the laugh!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails