Friday, December 4, 2009

I’m Sorry, Gloria Gaynor



When I got on the scale,
I was petrified.
Kept thinking I would go through my life
Being extra wide.
After spending so many nights
Eating so incredibly wrong,
I grew strong.
I knew I wasn’t too far gone.
So now I’m back
From my bad place.
I just walked for three kilometers
(I’m preparing for a 5K race).
I should have never gone off track.
I should have started ten years back.
If I had known for just one second
I’d be back to my old weight.

I’m going out, walking out the door.
Heading to the gym now.
I’m not a tree sloth anymore.
I was the one who tried to hurt me with my weight.
I turned it all around,
And now I’m feeling pretty great.
Oh yes, yes, I
I will arrive.
As long as I have goals to reach,
I know that I will thrive.
All I’ve got is what I’ll give,
Cuz I've got all my life to live.
And I'll arrive
I will arrive.

It takes all the strength I have
Not to lose my way.
To keep my focus on the job
I’ve got to do today.
I once spent oh so many nights
Just feeling sorry for myself.
I used to cry,
Now I hold my head up high.
And you see me,
Somebody new.
I’m not that stupid lazy fatass,
That didn’t have a clue.
And so I worked and dropped that weight,
I just wanted to be free.
Now I'm saving my own life.
Yes, I’m doing this for me.

Go on, now go–
Walk out the door.
Let’s turn it around now.
It’s time to lose some weight galore.
Weren't you the one who’s tried to tell those pounds goodbye?
Let’s make them crumble
Good habits we’ll apply.
Just you and I.

We will arrive.
As long as we have goals to reach,
I know that we will thrive.
All we’ve got is what we’ll give,
Cuz we’ve got all our lives to live,
And we'll arrive.
We will arrive, oh.

So here we go,
We’re on our way.
We’re turned it around now,
We’re gonna do it without delay.
Aren’t you the one who’s got a great big thigh?
But we won’t crumble.
Let’s just tell that fat goodbye.
Just you and I.

We will arrive.
As long as we have goals to reach,
I know that we will thrive.
All we’ve got is what we’ll give,
Cuz we've got all our life to live,
And we’ll arrive.
We will arrive, oh.

x

30 comments:

  1. I didn't think it was possible, but your blog just keeps getting better and better...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So...have alot of time on your hands, eh? :-P

    Totally joking, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! I recently decided to lose some weight and found your blog yesterday. I've been reading the old posts and it is wonderful. I am looking forward to being inspired and motivated by your blog (no pressure-LOL).

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG seriously you should start charging us for coming here and turning our days around - love this post!

    Tomorrow while running through a storm I will survive!

    have a great weekend Jack!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha my favorite line is definitely "I'm not a tree sloth anymore." Hilarious! I have always loved this song, so I really love the post today! Thanks! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant!

    Damn! Now I'm going to have that song going round in my head for the rest of day ...

    Bearfriend xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're a weird one, Slim.

    I like weird. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I truly wish your "rewrites" were available on CD, wouldn't they make great workout music?

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Kept thinking I would go through my life
    Being extra wide." Hahahahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jack you have just become my most favorite person in the world!!!

    I will be singing that all day and I LOVE IT

    (it's a good change from Christmas songs)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't know how you do it but keep it going.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Best one ever!!!

    "I'm not a tree sloth anymore" *giggles*

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an earworm. I'm going to have that in my head all day. Awesome, awesome, awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm not a stupid, lazy fat-ass that didn't have a clue.....
    lol.
    This is a song,,,well, not this version but...this is a song my daughters sing in the car sometimes. I may not remember the rest, but Now when I hear it-that line is going to take the place of "I'm not that chained up little person still in love with you" lolol.

    ReplyDelete
  15. heeeeey heeeeeey!

    Off to find my bell-bottoms and do The Hustle...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another winner with a BIG message in it! Love this:

    Now I hold my head up high.
    And you see me,
    Somebody new.
    I’m not that stupid lazy fatass,
    That didn’t have a clue.
    And so I worked and dropped that weight,
    I just wanted to be free.
    Now I'm saving my own life.
    Yes, I’m doing this for me.

    You keep doing this for you & for being alive!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I always did love that song, however, your version is even better!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You have the Time Life Sounds of the 70's CD collection, don't you? Me too! So glad I'm not alone. *hums "Driver's Seat." Again*

    ReplyDelete
  19. Boy that brought back memories - used to be a favorite song way way back but I thin you improved it LOL

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hoooo! That made me start dancing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh man, I had to sing that one out loud so my boyfriend could hear the genius of it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great song before - inspired song now. Our national weight loss anthem!

    ReplyDelete
  23. The worst Christmas song is still "I'm dreaming of a wide Christmas"

    ReplyDelete
  24. Okay, of course you know I had to sing this one outloud! LOVE IT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is one of your best EVER! Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails