Monday, December 28, 2009

I’m Sorry, Garth Brooks



Blame it all on my blog
I work out like a dog,
And kill on my weigh-in each week.
Each Sunday, you know,
Each Sunday I show,
It’s the time I give
A glimpse of my physique.
But now I’m about done
With my weight-losing fun.
Just popped a bottle of lite champagne.
I may be at goal weight
But, honey, don’t get irate,
Cuz’ there’s others that’re losin’ as well.

Oh, I've got friends with low weigh-ins
Bringing their numbers down,
And trying to chase those pounds away.
And we’ll all be okay.
I'm not big like when I was buffeting.
Think I'll go do some basketball playing.
Oh, I've got friends with low weigh-ins.

Well, there’s Fat Daddy Rants
and ol’ F. McButter Pants
And Daily Diary’s big loser Sean.
They’re doing real well,
They’re rockin’ that scale.
This is a great adventure that they are on.
Hey, I didn't wish
To leave out Starfish.
Just give me an hour and then
Well, I’ll give you a list
Of bloggers that shouldn’t be missed
When they’re weighin’ in....

'Cause I've got friends with low weigh-ins.
Bringing their numbers down,
And trying to chase those pounds away.
And we’ll all be okay.
I'm not big like when I was buffeting.
Think I'll go do some basketball playing.
Oh, I've got friends with low weigh-ins.

282.5’s in the mix,
as well as 266.
Fixing Myself Thinner's Dawn.
Escape from Obesity’s Lyn,
Not to mention Tamzin.
Between 'em all that's a lot of pounds gone.
I don’t mean to cause a big scene,
But we losin’ a great deal of mass.
So how about you?
Can you lose it, too?
Why you bet your sweet ass!

'Cause you’ve got friends with low weigh-ins.
Bringing their numbers down,
And trying to chase those pounds away.
And we’ll all be okay.
We not big like when we were buffeting.
We on a great journey, that’s what I’m sayin’.
Oh, we’ve got friends with low weigh-ins.

x

29 comments:

  1. Great to acknowledge so many people out there working there asses off & doing good! Always enjoyable to read, Jack but always more to it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I love it. Great way to start the week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! Thanks for the early morning chuckle to get me through my workout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job, and so nice of you to give a shout out to all those working so hard.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! This is awesome!

    You get me laughing (and thinking) as usual!

    Julia
    jewliagoulia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it, Jack! Just what I needed to read as I stepped back on the scale, and back onto my WOE this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Jack. Beofre this I only thought about getting drunk to this song. Now I can think of it as a weight loss anthem.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jack Sh*t - making the work day go by faster one post at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. love this song! love your version.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Jack, you are one in a million. Losing weight & entertaining the masses all at the same time. :)

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is too funny. Thanks. It made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this, especially since I am in it! LOL! Thanks, Jack :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Did you do the line dance while you wrote that one? :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. sian-from girlgetstrong
    sorry the tech unsavvy got me on your site! BUT I would have to see BRAVO on such a clever post..you look GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just added some Garth Brooks tunes to my workout playlist, so this hits home with me.

    I think this might be the first time commenting here. Or second. I don't know. Anyway, hi.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well,
    I Sir, am honored to be forever included in this well written parody. You really should think about recording an album of weight loss parodies. You've written enough to fill a double! I'll come over and help you sing 'em. Then offer it for sale on your blog. You would be surprised how many would order! Might be a licensing nightmare...yeah---Uh, forget I said that.

    Great post my friend!

    My best always
    Sean

    ReplyDelete
  18. well Jack.
    It's apparent that I'll never make it into your parodies as I don't have a name that flows off the tongue...so I have resolved to change my name to make it easier for you...
    How's about Orange crush...
    everything rhymes with orange.
    lmao.
    another good parody.
    Now if Garth would just come out of retirement....
    we are nothing in this country without our pop country legends.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very very nice!! I could totally hear the song in my head. (didn't play the music lol)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I made it, I finally hit it big and got into Jack's parody *big big smile*. Thanks my friend you always make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I actually LOVE this song! Thanks for the shout out and for making it even more special to me now!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails